.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Grant-Will-Rant

Monday, December 05, 2005

Where are you Grant?

Hello my peeps. It's been a while since I last blogged. In fact, the day after Thanksgiving I took a wee bit of a trip to Portland, Oregon and schmoozed with some cool Oregonians. Ever since my return I've been in a persistent lazy mood--still on vacation, I suppose. But, anyway, the trip was exactly what I needed: Fresh (freezing) air, great coffee, beautiful scenery, friendly people, great coffee, yeah...

One of the things I really enjoy about traveling is the traveling part--you know, the trains, planes, automobiles. Well, this journey was all about trains and planes. And so I had lots of time to relax and read and people watch, without actually having to pay attention to where I was going. That's the best way to travel. No driving.

But at one point I decided to call my old Swatch store in Glendale, California to see who was working and do a bit of catching up. I found Tracy at the store and she told me about her recent trip to Europe and how she'd scored the store manager position at Swatch. I was thrilled; she totally deserves it. And then we got to talking about John McCampbell--another employee who went on to become a rock star. Read this for background.

Tracy reminded me that John's CD was released on Vagrant Records and so when I got back to Fresno I decided to check the local Borders Books--if you could find it in Fresno, then you could find it anywhere. And sure enough, there it was, on sale for $13.99. Wow! Success! Totally tubular, to the max!

So, allow me to throw the goat to John and the rest of the gang of Down To Earth Approach. \m/ You guys rock. You did it!

Now, here's my challenge for all you out there (Mom, Grandma, stalker from Boise) who reads this blog. Remember those scavenger hunts you used to go on in your church youth group? Yeah, you know what I'm talking about. Your challenge is to find John's CD and buy the damn thing. If you don't have the money then just take a picture of it and put the picture in your CD player...no I'm just kidding...but do take a picture and flaunt it to all your friends.

Scroll down for a picture of me and John (the rock star) at Swatch and some of his drawings of all of us at Swatch. Note: John liked to depict me as a decrepit old man, which only goes to show you that rock stars can be real assholes. \m/

4 Comments:

  • Didn't know Swatch was still around. Fun. I used to want one desperately. All I had was a Swatch guard on a ripoff watch. Oh well.
    Nice to have you back. Missed you. :)

    By Blogger mamashine, at 12:05 PM, December 06, 2005  

  • I was going to post about this. Seriously miss your posts! Sounds like you had a good trip. I'd love to take the train again. We took the Accela from NYC to Boston a few years ago and loved it.

    When I was working at the Galleria there was/is a Swatch store and I was surprised. I hadn't thought of them since the same time period. I don't think I even had a guard. I might be seriously scarred!

    By Blogger Kate, at 7:12 PM, December 07, 2005  

  • Yes, where are you Grant? Are you still on vacation? Are you in hiding, or just hibernating for this winter? I miss reading your blogs. Miss Piggy...Oink, oink!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:23 AM, December 09, 2005  

  • Hey you're alive!

    You need to post more often. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:20 PM, December 09, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home