.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Grant-Will-Rant

Saturday, February 26, 2005

No Gnus Is Good Gnus...

CBEST: I will find out the results on Monday, February 28 after 5pm! So stay tuned to this channel for that exciting gnus. But I must say that I have a friend (I won’t mention the name) who failed the CBEST ten times. Yeah, no lies here...that's TEN tries that ended in failure. That's 10 X $40 = $400!! Talk about a good excuse for suicide.

Vagina: Yes, you guessed it: The Vagina girls were back on campus. (If you have no idea what I'm talking about, read this.) I was doing my usual trek from Geography class to the library when I heard that unmistakable voice announcing loudly, "Come, kiss the vagina!" I stopped and watched a girl toss and miss by a good two feet. Then the girl on the microphone told her she'd give her another try if she could name four synonyms for vagina. At this point some dude in a fraternity booth yelled out, "*****" And the girl on the microphone said, "Great job!!" Then someone else yelled, "******" At about that time I had made it to the library door, so I didn't get to hear the other synonyms...but I could imagine. (If you haven't seen the original picture then go here.)

Jury Duty: Well, I found out I could postpone my civic duty. It's not that I don't want to fulfill my responsibility as a free citizen in this great country of ours, but it would be just slightly impossible with the 22 units I'm carrying. So I logged on to the provided internet site, typed my badge number, and hit the postpone button. "We're sorry, we are unable to process your request at this time." DAMMIT. So I called the automated phone line. This time I got to hear the same apology but in some robot-woman's voice. JUST GREAT! Luckily I was transferred to a real person who helped me out in 3 seconds flat. So the courthouse will be calling sometime in July.

Loser: That's me. I was so proud to finish a PowerPoint presentation for my Russian history class that I placed it online for all my classmates (and professor) to view a few days before the actual due date. Unfortunately I saved it as a .htm instead of a .ppt, which totally screwed those who didn't have the latest version of Explorer, which turned out to be half the class! So while my professor congratulated me for "setting the standard with such a fantastic presentation of Students, Professors, and the State in Tsarist Russia", the poor bastards in my class were probably sticking pins into a voodoo doll with my likeness. Hence: the overachiever loses again. But it really is a coooool presentation.

Random Advice: Before turning on a ceiling fan for the first time after months of idleness, wipe with damp cloth. Unless you like choking on a winter's worth of dust for an hour. I found it pretty disagreeable.

8 Comments:

  • Omg... I need to write the girls back at the Women's Center at Tulane and tell them they need a giant inflatable Vagina for their V-Day festivities next year. That's hilarious.

    P.S. Shame on you for never mentioning you had a blog. Oliver just happened to find it on a random search. You shall now be linked on my blog. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:36 AM, March 06, 2005  

  • Why did I not know about this Blog before? And how do you possibly find all of those pictures to stick into your entry?!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:41 AM, March 06, 2005  

  • Why did I not know about this Blog before? And how do you possibly find all of those pictures to stick into your entry?!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:42 AM, March 06, 2005  

  • P.s. I'm a little embarassed about that double-post, but seriously.. this is a weird format for comments.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:43 AM, March 06, 2005  

  • p.p.s. I also hate how it won't capitalize my name!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:43 AM, March 06, 2005  

  • Oh, and I also wanted to say I'm not a stalker with all of these comments. It could be a little deceiving.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:44 AM, March 06, 2005  

  • Really... I'm not.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:44 AM, March 06, 2005  

  • Hey thanks for the comments. It deceives those who stumble across my blog into thinking that I'm really popular and cool. And what's really rad is that now I don't have to make up names and post to my own blog!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:44 AM, March 07, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home