.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Grant-Will-Rant

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Eucalyptus, Honey, & Grape Jelly...

My allergies are kicking my butt right now. My throat is itchy and at any given time one of my nostrils is completely plugged. I think it's the eucalyptus tree outside my window. Do they make screens that filter out pollen? Because I really don't want to shut my window at night; I love the cool breeze on my face. But the enjoyment factor decreases by multitudes when you've got a wad of Kleenex stuffed in one nostril.

I read somewhere that eating several spoonfuls of local honey each day will decrease the effects of allergies. Supposedly honeybees collect the pollen from eucalyptus trees and so ingesting the pollen in small doses acts as a natural immune booster. Interesting. I'm not a big fan of honey but, hell, I'd shove it up my nose if it meant I'd get a good night's sleep.

Speaking of condiments, the picture below is my finger dipped in grape jelly. Yeah, I know, it's strange. But I wanted to show my solidarity with the Iraqis who voted today and I didn't have a jar of purple ink. I guess I could've destroyed an ink pen for the occasion but...well, I'm smarter than that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home