.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Grant-Will-Rant

Saturday, March 19, 2005

Go Ask Alice...

You guys know that song White Rabbit by Jefferson Airplane? Well, it's a sixties song, and it's sort of psychedelic--you know, woo hoo in Angel Dust, or whatever. Anyway, Petra and I were strolling along near Edward's Cinema, and she asked me if I knew the words.

"Uh, hello, you're talking to the king of the sixties, Petra-lopolus." So I started singing...

One pill makes you larger, and one pill makes you small...

"That's it!" Petra went into a little dance, then stopped abruptly. "Hey, do you smell that?"

I looked around, sniffing the air. "Yeah... That's pot." I sniffed some more. "Dude, that's weed..."


"No joke," said Petra. Then we both giggled like school children.

"It's the song, Petra. I'm telling you--you sing a sixties song out in the open air, and that's what you get: a cloud of pot smoke. We like, resurrected the ghost of a freakin' doobie or something."

Petra bowed, laughing at the sidewalk. We continued our jaunt toward the Starbucks, and I kept singing...

And if you go chasing rabbits, and you know you're going to fall...

"Hey," said Petra. "Look!" She pointed to a bunch of tiny playing cards scattered about the sidewalk. "Oh my God, Grant...it really is the song. These are like the cards in Alice and Wonderland."

"Crazy," I mumbled, but I was really thinking, crazy-weird. First pot, now cards. Maybe that sixties crap is for real. "Hey, didya see that guy with a top hat run by?"

Petra rolled her eyes and bent down over the miniature cards. She picked one and peeled the corner back. "So do you think this one's the Queen?"

I grinned. "Um, no...but I think it's the three of spades." She turned it over: two of spades.

"Alright, Grant. That was pretty close." She gave me a suspicious look. "A little too close, weirdo."

I flexed my eyebrows and let out my best Vincent Price horror laugh, you know--the deep baritone BRRROOOOAAAAAAHAHA!

"Alright," Petra said in her mature voice. "Let's go get some coffee."

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home