.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Grant-Will-Rant

Monday, March 07, 2005

Good News, Bad News...

I have three juicy scraps of news to tell you: two of them are good, and one is bad. Which do you want to hear first...err...I mean, read first? Oh really? Ok, then: We'll begin with the bad news. Today I received the BFOD (Blue Form of Death) from Realms of Fantasy magazine for a story I'd submitted a couple of months ago. Basically that translates to: YOU SUCK! And please think twice before you submit to our magazine! If you were standing right in front of me I'd spit on your face and rub it in with my fist. Who ever led you to believe you could write deserves an exploding enema. If you're ever in New York stop by my office so I can fart on your face. Ok, Ok, it's not thaaaaat bad. But a YFOP (Yellow Form of Promise) would've been much nicer. That would translate to: YOU DON'T SUCK THAT BAD! But we're still rejecting you. Send your next story to us and maybe we'll buy it. Hang in there kid, you might just make it. We almost loved what you did with this story. But, hey, almost ain't gonna cut it. Keep trying, though.

Alright already--on with the good news. Do you see that strip of blank space in this paragraph? If you highlight it with your mouse you'll get the good news. But you might have to put your face all the way up to the screen. And don't act like you've never done that before. Wink. Hallelujah, I passed the CBEST test! Yay for me! And the other good news also relates to Realms of Fantasy magazine. And this is pretty cool, man, so get ready. The editor may have passed up my story for publication in one of the most awesome fantasy magazines, but she did publish my initials: GM. And not only that--she also published the initials of my story: BM. If you don't believe me, just follow this link. Oh, and let me know what you think. I hereby give you permission to critique my initials in any fashion you see fit. Are they too bold? Do I need to rearrange them a bit for effect? I've always been a fan of Times New Roman, but I'm willing to compromise for my fans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home