.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Grant-Will-Rant

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Logitechnical Difficulties...

This is strange writing my blog in the morning. I was planning on a new entry last night when I discovered that my keyboard no longer worked. It's one of those Logitech cordless types so I figured the batteries had simply died. But when that turned out not to be the case my mind started coming up with all these outlandish scenarios, like maybe the keyboard got infected by some new virulent virus that sucked the life out of people's hardware. So I checked my printer and mouse for any signs of the peculiar infliction. Needless to say, they were just fine.

I finally decided that perhaps it was simply the keyboard's time. And I tried to recall the last word I typed on it before it petered out. I hoped it was a good one like love or money or sex, and not something boring like the or and or, worse, a measly period. No, that just wouldn't be right for my faithful friend. After all, we'd spent countless hours together pounding out a whole novel, not to mention a slew of short stories.

Then I perked up, realizing that a dead keyboard meant I get to buy a new one! So I started planning my shopping excursion, recalling all the times I stared lustily at someone else's nifty looking keyboard, only to return to my plain old Logitech. Now it was my turn--I could buy the new state-of-the-art keyboard loaded with all those fancy buttons that did God knows what.

So this morning I reached underneath my computer desk to unplug the Logitech receiver when I spotted a loose cable. I stared at it oddly, wondering what the heck it was for. I'm sure you've guessed already. Yeah, stupid me. And now I vaguely remember accidentally unplugging the sucker while trying to retrieve my memory stick from the back of the CPU. Oh well, it looks like I'm stuck with my ancient, but faithful, Logitech.

Errr....

LOVE MONEY SEX LOVE MONEY SEX

1 Comments:

  • Those damn cords always give me a hard time, too. In a similar fashion, I replaced the batteries in the remote for my TV before I realized the little switch on the side was thrown to "VCR" instead of "TV." Once rectified, it works perfectly. Oh well.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:22 PM, June 09, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home