.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Grant-Will-Rant

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

One Little, Two Little, Three Little Days Of Vacation...

At the tail end of spring break I did manage to take a small vacation. Petra and I hopped into her black Toyota Matrix and headed over to Monterey. It had been raining all week in Fresno, but the morning of our departure was utter perfection--sunny, breezy, cool, fragrant--the exact recipe for a great voyage.

I know you're expecting me to say, "And then...all hell broke loose...," but I can't, because it really turned out to be a nice break from the monotony of university life. Nothing terrible happened, nothing too strange--no visitors from another time. Besides, I think time travelers stay home during spring break.

So we met our friend Daniel at his pad, and then we all went out to have some drinks. Me, drink? I admit, it had been a while, but I fell right back into my old routine. A smooth vodka tonic and then HARDY HAR HAR, everything was so funny. Ok, it didn't get really funny until after the tequila shots--I'm not that much of a lightweight.

Grant = 33; Daniel = 30; Petra = 27; everyone else at the bar = 21-22

So around 11pm--when all the kids were growing rowdy and goofy--the three of us were getting a little drowsy. Hee hee. I'm getting at that age where going to sleep is as exciting as going to Disneyland used to be. So when the others suggested we head back, I nonchalantly shrugged my shoulders and said, "Yeah, alright...if you guys feel like it." But inside I was thinking, "HOT DAMN, I'm ready for some shuteye, and how!"

Tomorrow, I'm going to chisel out some decent stories to tell you from this mini vacation. I'll post the little gems over the next few days. In the meantime, keep writing and marketing what you write. I've always wanted to say that.

5 Comments:

  • Yay for Vodka Tonics! We should have gotten bootcampers together to hit a bar in Buena Vista.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:30 PM, March 30, 2005  

  • Man, I wish we'd had more time to do something cool like that. But I do have fond memories of batting away gnats while playing frisbee to the cool sounds of Allen's bagpipes!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:23 PM, March 30, 2005  

  • A bar in Beuna Vista? You mean some rundown shack halfway up the mountain that served moonshine by the tin cup full?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:32 PM, March 31, 2005  

  • Hel, I'm game!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:53 PM, March 31, 2005  

  • That's exactly what I meant! Well, if the moonshime came with a lime wedge.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:12 AM, April 01, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home