.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Grant-Will-Rant

Saturday, September 09, 2006

A Confession...

The day I moved into my apartment in Portland I discovered that I was magically connected to the Internet whenever I turned my laptop on. Wow! Pretty cool for a cheapskate like me.

But at the beginning of this month the magic vanished...or the person whose service I was conveniently using moved away. So now I walk down to the corner Starbucks to get both my coffee and Internet fix at the same time. Unfortunately that doesn't happen often.

I thought I'd have a coronary without the Internet at home, but it hasn't been that bad. I read more. Watch more television. And buy less Folgers's from the grocery store. But I'm sooooo behind on everyone's blogs, news, etc. And I feel a bit isolated without a constant connection to the world.

Ahh, the dilemma.

Subscribe to my own service...or wait for some sucker to move in?

I think I'll wait. I'm leaving for France on Wednesday. (I know the irony is thick.) No use subscribing now.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Au revoir mes amis!!

2 Comments:

  • I meant to cancel my cable and internet a week ago, but every time I go to follow through, I keep thinking of all the happy goodness I'll be missing out on. But you're right. Every time my computer died for a period of two weeks, or so, and I was stranded with teh Interwebs at home, life went on and I was generally more productive (right now is a shining example). Damn. I wish I had the guts.

    By Blogger Oliver Dale, at 1:43 PM, September 10, 2006  

  • Are you still in France? It's been a long time. I'm really horribly jealous of you for getting to stay over there so long.

    By Blogger mamashine, at 12:29 PM, October 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home