.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Grant-Will-Rant

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Catching up...

I'm excited! For several reasons: One, we're looking for a house/condo to buy in Portland. The search has been loads of fun. The real estate agent picked me and Vlad up in a shiny Jaguar and drove us to several properties. I liked them all but Vlad was only satisfied with one. So the search will go on.

One house was on a hill--not good because Vladimir doesn't want to drive downhill if it snows.

Another house the bathroom was too narrow--not good because Vladimir might bump his fat ass on the counter.

Another house was too far from downtown--not good because the walk to our favorite sushi bar would be too long.

Another house was too close to downtown--not good because Vladimir would have trouble finding a parking space.

Again, I liked them all. But satisfying Vladimir is like trying to shove an angry hamster up your ass. I haven't tried it but Vladimir probably has.

Okay, not really.

At this point you can take a break from my blog and come back later to read what else has made me excited recently.

So, my short story, "Deathwaves," will finally be published in June. I can't wait! My story in a real live magazine with pictures and everything. Wow!

I'm working on another story in the same vein as the one being published in the hope that Deathwaves will be so successful that the editor will call for another right away. I'm working myself up into a frenzy of excitement imagining my success. Hee hee. BTW, I'll post the link to the zine when available.

Hmmm, I said several things are making me excited. Oh, I got a nice fat bonus for the 1st quarter. Um, what else. Oh yeah, Vegas in July! And...hmmm, I guess that's it.

I'll leave you with this ridiculous photo taken at Magic Mountain.

4 Comments:

  • Looking to buy a house together already? Wow... uh... Cool! Sorry... I'm a little speechless. But who am I to talk? Natalie and I were booking our wedding three months after our first date! So... Good for you!

    BTW... keep blogging and maybe I'll join you!

    By Blogger Rooney, at 6:49 PM, May 20, 2007  

  • Well, I think I'm more with Vlad on this one. I _just_ signed the papers to make an offer on a condo in downtown Tulsa, and let me tell you, I was beginning to think I'd never find anything.

    Also, personally, I find gerbils to be more agreeable.

    By Blogger Oliver Dale, at 8:09 PM, May 20, 2007  

  • I'm liking that picture. It makes me smile.

    Vegas in July? Me too!

    By Blogger mamashine, at 9:00 PM, May 20, 2007  

  • We're gonna be in Vegas from the 18th to the 20th. Wouldn't that be a hoot if we were there at the same time?

    And congratulations on the condo, Ollie!!

    C'mon, Jack! It's blogger time!

    By Blogger Grant-Will-Rant, at 10:44 PM, May 20, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home