.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Grant-Will-Rant

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Boo for France!

I was so looking forward to watching the World Cup on Sunday. I didn't have to work til 1pm and the game started at 11am and it was only supposed to last for 90 minutes. Well, it went into overtime and so I had to record the finale. Dumb luck.

It's too depressing to talk about. All I have to say is that if Zidane--France's superstar player--hadn't headbutted his opponent and gotten himself redcarded and tossed out of the game in overtime, France would've won. What's heartbreaking is that it was Zidane's last game--ever. He's retiring. Oh well.

As the game was getting underway I received a text message from Marc in France. He wrote that his heart was pounding really hard and that it was going to be a tough game but he thought France would win. I didn't have the heart to text him back at the end of the game. He's probably lying drunk beneath the Eiffel Tower by now.

I guess I should send a congratulatory e-mail to my friend Alessio in Italy. Though he's probably lying drunk in the Coliseum right now. That's the cool thing about watching the World Cup: You get drunk whether your team wins or loses.

Oh, by the way, it looks like Mosquito Grant is hanging out at the carnival. But I seemed to have lost him...

2 Comments:

  • I found him!

    That was a really enjoyable game. I didn't have a particular loyalty, so it was just fun.

    By Blogger Kate, at 10:20 AM, July 11, 2006  

  • Wasn't easy but found that little Grantbugger! Could use some sun pale face. Miss Piggy!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:57 PM, July 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home