.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Grant-Will-Rant

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

The Mosquito Has Landed...

I should be writing fiction right now, but instead I'm dawdling. You fellow writers understand what I'm talking about. You know you should be writing--you're excited about writing--but you procrastinate and do anything BUT writing. Though, technically, I'm writing right now.

Before I get too convoluted (oops, too late) I'll move on.

I found out today that my store is ranked 141st in the company. The criteria used for the ranking is more convoluted than the above paragraph so I'll skip that part. But that's 141 out of 3,000 stores!

So what. Big Deal. What does that mean?

Bonus baby! Should be around 3 Gs from what other store managers are saying. The news put me in an exceptionally fantastic mood, naturally.

Hmmm...

Maybe I'll stay a bit longer in Europe. You know, rent a garret overlooking the Seine. Fresh croissants and Nutella delivered every morning. Foot massages by French goddesses.

"Yeah, honey, lick them toes!"

"Oui, oui, monsignor Mosquito. I am trés infatuated with dees beautiful tosies..."

"Did I ask you to talk?"

"Pardon moi,"--slurp--"I will keep my mouth--"

"NEXT!"

1 Comments:

  • How fortunate you are to be able to automatically leap to money=time in Europe rather than money= paying off back taxes, or getting a new a/c unit for the house, or saving for the upcoming medical bills.....

    I'm still jealous. I've mentioned that before. But I am.

    By Blogger mamashine, at 5:36 AM, July 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home