.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Grant-Will-Rant

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy 4th of July!!


I worked today but I get to take an extra day off next week! I'm excited. I'm going to stroll drown to the waterfront and watch the cool fireworks over the river. I can't wait! Finally I live in a city that celebrates the 4th with style and pizzazz!!

Today a lot of weirdoes came in. What am I saying?--everyday weirdoes come in. I guess they were just coming in droves today.

--Snot man #2. Not the same guy, so obviously there's some major mucous malfunctions here in Portland. It looked like this guy had forced a lime colored balloon up one nostril and was attempting to blow it up as he spoke to me. The entire conversation I was flinching and preparing to duck should the thing go airborne. And he was so flustered too which made the situation all the more precarious.

--Talk a lot guy from Czechoslovakia. This guy would not leave my employee alone. Talk talk talk talk talk! Can you get this for me? Can you get that? Can you clean this disk? Have you seen this movie? I finally said, "What are we, dating here?" Don't worry. He didn't get my sarcasm. He's from Czech, remember?

--Sweaty Sasquatch guy. It doesn't matter if it's ten below outside, you're guaranteed to have a pool of sweat on your counter with this guy. To make matters worse, he wipes his face with the back of his thumb and then slings the sour sweat on the ground. And that's before he hands you his--slightly damp--wad of cash.

2 Comments:

  • Excuse me....I said, "which ward to you work in?" Oh Grant, love your art work....Miss Piggy!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:35 PM, July 05, 2006  

  • Excuse me....I said, "which ward do you work in?" Oh Grant, love your art work....Miss Piggy!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:36 PM, July 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home