.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Grant-Will-Rant

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Retail Hell!

I just had one of those "I hate retail" days! Some really annoying, fat, black, idiot woman came in and harassed me for thirty minutes.

"Gimme that list with all those videos you selling!" boomed her obnoxious voice.

"What list?"

"Don't gimme that shit. You know what list I'm talking about. Every time I come in here you all tell me: What list? What list? I'm talking about the damn list with the videos you selling!"

FYI: This list has about 3,000 videos which we're pulling from the rental department to sell for one dollar each. Most have been pulled already and sent to various stores in our district. The rest are in boxes piled in storage. This woman wants the list so that she can pick out one or two movies to buy, which means that I would have to search through about 15 boxes to make 3 dollars. I never let any customers see this list because I do not have three hours to spare. But my foolish assistant just happened to tell this lady about the list and now I'm paying for it.

"Okay. Here's the list." What the hell? Maybe I'll get lucky and she'll keel over mid-read.

"You see. You knew what I was talking about."

A few minutes later.

"I want this movie right here."

"Well that movie was pulled three months ago and has already sold."

"How you know that?"

"Um...because...it was sold three months ago."

"No, it's on the list so you got it upstairs."

"No, we don't. But if you want to go upstairs and look for it, go right ahead."

"I'm not going upstairs! Why don't you do your job?"

"Fine." I went upstairs, balanced VHS for a few minutes, and came back down. "Well, apparently it's been sold. It's not upstairs anymore. Sorry about that."

Blank stare.

"Well that other guy (foolish assistant) always finds me the videos I'm looking for."

"That's because he was still doing the pull then. But he's been finished for quite a while now."

"I don't know what you mean by 'pull' but I need someone who knows how to do their damn job over here."

"I'll tell you what. (Foolish assistant) gets here in about a half hour. Why don't you wait for him to help you?"

TIME FOR LUNCH! PEACE OUT!!

3 Comments:

  • And you're sure you're not in Texas? This sounds like so many people here.

    Yuck. You need to flog foolish assistant.

    By Blogger mamashine, at 8:31 PM, May 22, 2007  

  • Why you don't have my video?

    Sometimes retails sucks so much. Some peole should not be allowed to roam about freely.

    By Blogger Kate, at 8:34 PM, May 22, 2007  

  • Personally, I would have given her the boot at "Don't gimme that shit!" and called it a day.

    By Blogger Rooney, at 8:08 AM, May 23, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home