.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Grant-Will-Rant

Monday, May 22, 2006

What an interesting day...

I got to work at 7am this morning. I love going in early because I can get so much done when there are no customers around.

Yeah...didn't really work out that way today.

At about 7:30am I realized I needed to go number two. No problem, I thought. I was alone in the store, my opener wasn't due to arrive for another half-hour. Perfect sit down time.

There I was, sitting on the toilet, mid-wipe, when all of a sudden the lights flickered. I looked around the bathroom with a great sense of unease. The lights flickered once more...and then went out for good.

Pitch black. Still wanting to wipe but knowing I wasn't going to know when to stop.

And then the alarm went off.

Wipe, wipe. No wash. Run through a shadowy store to turn off the alarm before the police show up and--well--catch me with my pants around my ankles.

The power was off for almost four hours. People were banging on the door, even though there was a huge sign that informed them that we would be closed until the power came back on. One man pressed his angry face to the window and ordered me to let him in.

Uh...sir...you're a liability. Please step away from the door. You see that bus over there. Yeah...go stand in front of it. Thanks.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home